1. You wear old sweatpants and sweatshirts to bed.
2. You can watch whatever you want on TV without arguing with him first
3. You get up in the middle of the night to check your e-mail.
4. You sleep with your cell phone incase he calls in the middle of the night.
5. You love watching cute love movies because it reminds you of all the cute things he does when he’s home.
6. You haven’t shaved your legs in weeks.
7. The mailman knows you because you are always out waiting for him to come.
8. You start paying close attention in class when the words “military” or “iraq” are mentioned.
9. You suddenly have an obsession with anything military related.
10. You see someone wearing an army, navy, or usmc shirt and you get this overwhelming urge to talk to them.
11. You make friends with strangers online just because they are in the same situation as you and are the only ones that can truly understand what you are going through.
12. You can’t decide what to wear when you meet him at the airport because his flight comes in at a ridiculous hour in the morning and you want to look cute, but not too cute, because your cutest outfit you want to save for your first full day together.
13. Your first Christmas together is… apart.
14. You find yourself checking your e-mail every fifteen minutes.
15. You know all the time differences between where you are and Iraq, Ireland, Kuwait, Italy, Germany, Korea, and every state in the U.S.
16. The highlight of your day is getting a letter that was mailed a month ago.
17. And if you don’t get a letter, the highlight of your day is writing him a letter that you know he will be able to read in a month.
18. You realize that HOMECOMING is so much more than a football game.
19. You want to hit any happy couple you see together
20. You get excited about “unknown” phone numbers calling you.
21. You’ve exhausted every idea a brain could have of what to put in a box.
22. You see a “support our troops” sticker on a car when you are stuck in traffic and you find yourself guessing about who they know that is deployed and thinking about their entire life story.
23. When the clock says 11:11, you find yourself wishing for the same thing every time: a call from your soldier.
24. You get excited when its only 5 months until you see your Soldier instead of 7!
25. You can’t stand girls that talk about missing their boyfriends who live a few hours away. You just want to yell “drive and go see them them” because if you had the chance, you would jump on the first plane to go see your soldier no matter how far it is.
26. You don’t know what teams are on top for football, basketball, etc.
27. You wouldn’t dream of walking out of the house without the cell phone and every number you have is forwarded to that cell.
28. You find yourself randomly crying from just looking at a picture of the two of you together.
29. You find yourself randomly crying and you sometimes have no idea why.
30. You stay on the internet for hours searching for anything and everything about the military.
31. You talk to your friends about him so much that they know his full name, birthday and even his favorite color.
32. You find yourself speaking in acronyms (that no one other than you and he would understand).
32. You are reading this and smiling and nodding because you know it’s so true
How many soldiers have been killed or wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan?
WikiAnswers: There have been 4,237 coalition deaths — 3,931 Americans, two Australians, 174 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one Korean, three Latvian, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians — in the war in Iraq as of January 25, 2008, according to a CNN count. And there more still dying average of 30,236
Just purely too many to count since you can’t go thourgh a week without hearing a solider being killed in the news.
“I do believe there are some men who are genuinely terrified of commitment, but there aren’t that many, and for the most part I think it’s that they haven’t met the right woman yet. Because if a man, no matter how scared he professed to be, met the woman of his dreams, he wouldn’t want to let her go, would he? And sure, he might not want to actually get married, but if he were madly in love and risked losing her, he’d do it, wouldn’t he?”— Jane Green
Just came home from work to a shitload of balloons and 2 v-necks.
Thanks baby! I love you. MUAH MUAH MUAH<333! What a way to begin the rest of our day. ATB tonight. I’m so excited!!! :) Time to recuperate before tonight’s festivities. Have a great Valentine’s day ya’llll.
“I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.”—The perks of being a wallflower (via monsta)